Thursday, April 4, 2013

on the ball

Sorry I haven't updated in a whiiiiile. I keep getting drawn into social obligations and I'm not going to turn them down! 

So I got my CPA license card in the mail yesterday! That was pretty sweet.

And I planned a vaction to Cheyenne for my birthday.

And... wait for it... I HAVE COMMITTED FULLY NOW TO LOSING WEIGHT.

I took all of my measurements last night to make sure I had a good starting point. And I did so without fudging, without faking, and most of all, without hating myself for them. That's important for me.

I have also accepted that I am not the kind of person that will exercise in the morning. I'm just not. Sleep is too good. Might as well give up on it and go with evening workouts. Last night I "ran" a mile on the elliptical. I definitely got my heart rate up, but it was more controlled and harder to overexert myself. I also like being able to adjust my speed at will, especially since I'm not great at maintaining speed. It definitely got my heart rate up and made me break a sweat. It wasn't long or far, but it's a start. Not to mention that it's easy on the knees. I also did some basic strength stuff at home to tone up some of the problem areas. Which are all the areas.

I'm also going to a Zumba class tonight, which I'm very excited about. I'm definitely better at cardio when it's not running, and when someone is showing me what to do. If I like the studio atmosphere, I'll buy myself a pass. If I don't, I'll find some youtube clips to follow and do it at home. But these people have fantastic reviews on Yelp so I'm fairly confident in them.

I also also activated my 10-class Groupon for Brass Ovaries. I haven't been since December and I really miss it. They're doing a Groupon right now if you're interested as well! It's not much for cardio but GREAT for strength training, particularly upper body.

And, lastly, I've begun counting the calories again on My Fitness Pal. I'm actually surprised at how full I can be on so few calories. I mean, I've had less than 500 today and I'm completely satisfied. I even have two clementines on my desk waiting to be eaten, but I just don't want them yet. Now, as long as I can resist the Easter candy and alcohol, I'll be in good shape. 

I'm heading back up to Southwestern on Saturday for the annual Arts Festival, and I'm SUPER excited about it! It looks like it's holding up to tradition and I'm quite proud. I'll let you know how it goes!

And I'm still going to do that bra post sometime...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

life, but better Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos