Monday, March 11, 2013

life again

Man, I've been busy ever since I passed that exam. I completely rejuvenated my social life and it has been incredible, if exhausting. 

Last weekend I went shopping for the first time in a LOOONG time. Bought myself a new suit at the Banana Republic outlet for $115!!  And it fit without alterations! Hooray!


I also got all of my CPA paperwork turned in, saw the Joffrey Ballet perform The Rite of Spring, and had a lovely lunch with Zach's brother this past week.  I finally set up my recording equipment as well! I'm trying to upload pictures but, as usual, blogger is being not-friendly.

A dear friend is in town for spring break and we decided to throw a dinner party last night for the core Amarillo group. Here's a picture of the most of it:


Not pictured: The salad and the cupcakes. RECIPE LINK TIME!

Appetizer: Martha Stewart's asparagus and gruyere tart on homemade puff pastry.
Salad: An adaptation of the Monument Cafe House Salad - spring greens, strawberries, candied pecans, and a strawberry balsamic vinaigrette. We also added goat cheese.
Bread: My guest's homemade croissants 
Main: A simple bone-in pork loin rib chop drizzled with oil, seasoned with onion powder, Grill Mates Garlic and Herb seasoning, Grill Mates Montreal Chicken seasoning, and a little black pepper. Baked at 350 F for 40 mins.
Dessert: Lemon basil blueberry cupcakes (mine were NOWHERE NEAR that pretty though)

All in all I would say it was a HUGE SUCCESS. It was a TON of work but totally worth it. And I bought all of my fruits and vegetables at Costco so I have a toooon of leftovers that I need to figure out how to use...

I want to do a non-food related post at some point, specifically addressing bras and my new obsession and commitment to finding the perfect bra(s) and passing on advice for appropriate bra fitting. My ladyfriends need their girls supported properly too!!

And about that exercising.... yeeeeahh... let's not talk about that.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

life, but better Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos